11.30.2009

vintage Christmas



As December 1st is right around the corner all I can think about is kitschy Christmas decorations and gearing up for the holidays! Christmas is such a magical holiday for me. With so much of its meaning in tradition, vintage ornaments speak to that. As I was out and about last night, I started thinking about the Christmas tree at my mother's house and how all the ornaments that grace our tree are special and tell a story. Some were made by my sister and I as kids, some were given to her by my grandmother and great-grandmother and some she picked up at a flea market -- but all tell a story.

Here's some of my favorite holiday decor photos, many of which have inspired whats in my own home and remind me of things I had growing up. Enjoy and check out the links for more!

I've always wanted a giant white flocked tree. The center striped stocking in the second photo reminds me of the stockings we had as kids, which we still use!
(above images from flickr.com/photos/boopsiedaisy)

I love this idea for a centerpiece!
(from HGTV - have a very vintage christmas)

I love the bulbs on this wreath. My mom still has strands of these bulbs!
(adorable wreath from GeorgiaPeachez's etsy shop)

(vintage tree toppers from flickr user: treasureups collection)

(vintage ornaments from flickr user: toymasters collection)

xo, kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment